Battlefield 4’s spring update, which adds new guns and a new mode to the multiplayer first-person shooter, will release this Tuesday May 26, developer DICE has announced.
The update will hit all platforms according the following schedule:
- PC: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 08.00 UTC / 1.00 AM PDT.
- Xbox One: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 09.00 UTC / 2.00 AM PDT.
- Xbox 360: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 10.00 UTC / 3.00 AM PDT.
- PS4: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 11.00 UTC / 4.00 AM PDT.
- PS3: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 12.00 UTC / 5.00 AM PDT.
In addition to the old Gun Master mode from Battlefield 3. The patch will add five new weapons, and while DICE didn’t share their exact names and look, it gave us a general idea for what to expect:
- New fan favorite Assault Rifle – Picked based on its unique burst gameplay and massive fan desirability
- New Carbine – A unique bullpup carbine with built-in vertical grip
- New PDW – A unique PDW with built-in silencer
- New Sidearm – Unique long range “sniper” sidearm using magnum rounds
- New LMG – Magazine fed LMG, which with the new weapons balance, plays in between a belt-fed LMG and an AR – your “run and gun” LMG
Gun Master, which gained its popularity in the Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC, is like Team Deathmatch, but you only get new weapons every time you get two consecutive kills, and the first player to get a kill with the final weapon wins.
The patch will also “significantly improve client stability on all platforms,” fix a number of issues that cause crashes, and rebalance all weapons.
DICE said that it will release full patch notes once the update is released.